In Creative Design, Color has been known to have a powerful psychological impact on buyers’ purchase decisions. It can also affect buyers’ buying patterns. So choosing a color for our specific products or services is a part of branding. It also helps to create the mental map in the customer mind.
As we know different color has different meaning so as a marketer should know about the meaning of color. Some most used colors meaning in creative design is given below:
- Red creates a sense of urgency, which is good for clearance sales,
- Encourages appetite, thus is frequently used by fast-food chains,
- It’s the color of anger and danger, but also warmth and passion.
Since Red is a bold primary color it makes the greatest impact on viewer’s mind building confidence and trust. For this reason, many well-known branded companies are using red color for their product. For example, Coca-Cola, YouTube, CNN, TOYOTA.
To use blue in business, we need to understand the traits, qualities, and mood of this color next to the psychological meaning.
- Dark Blue relates to trust, honesty, and dependability, therefore helping to build customer loyalty. However, it also indicates confidence, reliability, and responsibility.
- Light Blue relates to the travel, health and relaxation industry. It can also relate to one-to-one communication rather than mass communication.
Basically, Blue works well for the corporate world and is often used for more conservative types of businesses such as accountants, insurance companies, banks and other financial companies where trust and reliability are important. Many famous companies are using blue for their products and services specification. For example, Facebook, DELL, PayPal, SAMSUNG etc.
Orange is also used for many companies’ logo design for its distinguished character. Because orange relates to,
- Adventure and risk-taking, inspiring physical confidence, competition, and independence.
- It also relates to social communication, stimulating two-way conversations.
Basically orange is for brands who want to stand out quite vividly. For example, Amazon, Fanta, Nick, HTML are using orange color in their logo.
Color Selection is a key to Creative Design in Digital Marketing.
Yellow is the color of sunshine, hope, and happiness has conflicting associations.
- On one hand, yellow stands for freshness, happiness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, honor, loyalty, and joy.
- On the other, it can represent deceits.
- A dull or dingy yellow may represent caution, sickness, and jealousy.
However, in different cultures yellow has different meanings. In some cultures, yellow represents peace.
- Yellow signifies the dead in Egypt.
- In Japan, yellow stands for courage.
- In India, yellow is the color of the merchants.
Creative designers use Yellow for brands that have a specific marketing strategy. For example, Nikon, Ikea, McDonald’s, Subway, Lays are using yellow color on their logo.
Green is another color to use with caution in business. One would need to understand the traits, qualities, and mood of this color.
- Green is a color of growth and vitality, associated with new life and renewal.
- Psychologically, it relates to balance and harmony of the mind, the body, and the emotions.
- It also assists in decision making by helping us to see all sides clearly.
We use Green basically for its long-lasting effect on our subconscious mind. For example, ADN Digital, Acer, Lacoste, Starbucks, Sony Ericson etc are using the green colored logo.
Share your favorite color in the comment section.